Pesto Soy Chicken with Potatoes
For Christmas, I got an awesome Cuisinart food processor from my parents. It is so badass that it actually came with an instructional DVD, which contains some cooking segments from a Culinary Institute chef. One of these segments shows an easy recipe for Salmon and Pesto Potatoes. It looked so delicious and simple, I figured I’d switch out the fish for faux chicken. I found the same instructional video on Cuisinart’s website, and you can check out the bit about this meal starting at the 7:00 minute mark. Here are the simplified steps that I followed, and the recipe for vegan pesto I made:
- Rub the center of the tinfoil lightly with olive oil.
- Place a layer of potatoes (maybe 5 or 6 slices) in a bed in the center of the foil.
- Add a few dollops of pesto to the top of the potatoes.
- Add a few pieces of thawed soy chicken to the pile.
- Top chicken with a few more dollops of pesto.
- Close tinfoil at top and fold sides in.
- Bake at 400º for 18-20 minutes.
Creamy Vegan Pesto
Puree together the following ingredients:
- 3 oz. fresh basil
- 3 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp. Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper