Vegan Chicken Salad Sandwich
I’ve written about my love of Delight Soy before, and their recipe for chicken salad is Grade A faux-meat. You’ll need to use a food processor to shred the chicken, celery, and green onions. If you can’t get your hands on some Delight Soy, use Gardein faux chicken strips.
Here is the chicken salad recipe reposted from the Delight Soy website:
- 10.5 ounce package Delight Soy nuggets, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup soy mayonnaise (I used Vegenaise)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional – I left them out)
- dash salt
- dash black pepper
- Heat Delight Soy nuggets in microwave or oven until thawed (per package instructions)
- Cut Delight Soy nuggets into strips and place in food processor
- Coarsely chop Delight Soy Nuggets in the food processor. Be careful not to grind the nuggets too fine
- Wash and dice celery, then coarsely chop it in the food processor.
(NOTE: Dice celery before food processing to prevent stringiness.)
- Chop green onions and walnuts.
- Place Soy Mayonnaise in a mixing bowl, add black pepper and optional dash of salt.
Mix well with a wire wisk or a fork.
- Put all ingredients into the bowl with the soy mayonnaise and mix well.
Serve as a sandwich, in a pita, on top of a green salad, or any way you like.